Mobilink helps IDP’s
Charity starts at home, and people in Karachi are quite generous when it comes to giving support for earthquake victims or the IDP’s from the north. When the northern areas were hit by an earthquake, the contributions from the city of Karachi matched that of the government and that is a big deal.
But it’s not only individuals who are giving them these things, it’s the companies with a sense of responsiblity that are working towards helping out these people. One example is of Mobilink, one of the largest and oldest telecoms in Pakistan. They have been involved in a plethora of socially responsible activities over the years and the recent IDP camps is just another example of that.
They have setup camps to house a 1000 families with as many ammenities as possible. They have been working in colaboration with some major charitiable and human rights organizations like UNICEF, WHO, UNHCR etc. and have made a major contribution to helping the IDP’s feel welcomed and give them a home.
They have been giving the people items like:
- Fabric tent, quilts, floor mats, buckets, coolers etc.
- Cooking pots, crockery, cultery etc.
- Food rations such as Flour, pulses, cooking oil, sugar, salt, tea
- Peronsal Hygiene kits like soaps, toothpaste, mosquito repelants, combs, towels etc.
Other than that, they have also setup camps to educate the young ones in these camps.
Bilal Munir Sheikh, Vice President, Mobilink says “As a company on the forefront of reshaping lives we are trying to do our best and are determined to support the displaced persons. To date, we have registered 1,000 families at Mobilink Camp.”
The camps are not only about helping these people find a temporary home, but making their stay as comfortable as possible.
- Convicted Smoker, Procrastinator and Self-Proclaimed Captain Awesome - Founder of T3 Interactive, I work for tips. - Recently liberated from the clutches of an advertising agency - Working with House of Habib as a Creative Manager In the end, I work hard and party harder...